[Stoves] Off-topic Re: New PM2.5 health impact analysis

Norbert Senf norbert.senf at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:32:11 CDT 2018

Ron and Andrew:

I checked Andrew's alibaba link, and the specs state a range of 0 - 1000
micrograms PM/m3, ie., 1 mg/m3, which seems in the range of ambient air
measurements. By comparison, a 1 g/kg PM flue gas measurement (fairly
clean) would convert to around 85 mg/m3.

It looks similar to personal monitors that use the Sharp GP2Y1010Au optical
dust sensor, which is described here at Adafruit:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9689

Data sheet is available here:
www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Sensors/gp2y1010au_e.pdf

Norbert