[Stoves] TLUD Design Bachelor Theisis

Anderson, Paul psanders at ilstu.edu
Tue Sep 18 13:29:49 CDT 2018

Todd,

I interpreted the question as being about additional fuel being available under the pyrolytic front.

TLUD stoves that can have additional fuel placed on TOP of the created charcoal do certainly exist.   Essentially the added fuel is being “retorted” by being heated in the absence of any oxygen.   Quite different from the O2-present pyrolysis at the TLUD pyrolytic front.   I have not been a fan of adding fuel on the top, but let the user decide if she / he wants to be frequently available to drop in more fuel and to have the associate variability of the resultant gases to be burned.

Paul

Doc / Dr TLUD / Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Exec. Dir. of Juntos Energy Solutions NFP
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu<mailto:psanders at ilstu.edu>       Skype:   paultlud