[Stoves] "unhealthy fuel"

Boll, Martin Dr. boll.bn at t-online.de
Wed Sep 26 17:12:49 CDT 2018

The most "unhealthyness" of every fuel is  (at least) lack of awareness or worse:
The stupidity to deal with that special fuel the right way.

Different types of "unhealthy-nesses"
1. Fuels not to burn: resulting in (big amounts of) poisonous reaction-products (e.g. Cl from PVC)
2. Fuels which are unhealthy unburnt: e.g. CO (intoxication), wood-gas (chronical lung-diseases), propane (explosion).

ad 1. Everybody should know these fuels and avoid to use them.

ad 2. First main point:
Everybody should be aware that each fuel burns only above its own self-ignition temperature, and not below that temperature!  ( e.g. woodgas, smoke, smoke !!!)
Everybody  knows (should know ) that to few air makes soot.

ad 2.  Second main point:
Be aware that the flame-speed of woodgas is very slow (when I remind right: 4cm/1sec.) especially even slowlier if it is not in stoichiometric eqation with air/oyxgen.
consequence:
 Be aware that the blow onto charcoal to get a yellow or white glow (to incend woodgas above its self-ignition temperature ! ) is faster than the flame-speed of woodgas; and can blow-off a woodgas-flame.

These are, in my opinion, the main points to succed or to fail in burning Wood/woodgas  "healthy" or "unhealthy".

Additional in my opinion:
Wood is only adequate burnt in retrograde direction. - But that is another topic to discuss.

Regards
Martin