[Stoves] Fwd: Simple Modifications to Traditional Wood Cookstoves - Rocks and Clay Grates

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Thu Apr 25 10:54:48 CDT 2019

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 10:00:49PM -0600, Ronal Larson wrote:
> 	2.  After Kevin sent me 3 short videos a few days ago,  we agreed there could be great benefit to his and everybody’s stove research to get this early work out for discussion.  So this is to ask everyone to view Kevin’s annotated 2 minute video on an approach I have not previously seen:
> 	https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EJQEKKkMTQbcKn3kBC1YZ50oqtZPsbym/view <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EJQEKKkMTQbcKn3kBC1YZ50oqtZPsbym/view>.

Is the fire burning on a concrete slab?  It's my understanding that
when a fire burns on ordinary concrete, there is a danger of explosive
spalling, which can injure bystanders and spread fire around.  Consider
insulating those flames from the concrete.

Dave

--
David Young
dyoung at pobox.com    Urbana, IL    (217) 721-9981