[Stoves] Fwd: Simple Modifications to Traditional Wood Cookstoves - Rocks and Clay Grates

dr.adam scda2 at ymail.com
Mon Apr 29 03:17:12 CDT 2019

Repost 29.4.019:
i posted this on 27.4 and i received a "Stoves post acknowledgement"However i never could my posting!?
Chris ADAM
--------------------

"Danger of explosive spalling?"Dear Dave,i remember sitting as a child to open fire surrendered by heavy stones and the stones could give a "bang" in rare cases.
But in the case of such a cement-stone element, a piece of cement would only (if at all) get loose from the inside of the cement-stone element.
When casting the cement-top plate covering the fire box of
an "adam-retort" kiln (www.biocoal.org)
i never came to hear about such a "explosive spalling"bestChris ADAM

    On Thursday, April 25, 2019, 5:56:59 PM GMT+2, David Young <dyoung at pobox.com> wrote:

 On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 10:00:49PM -0600, Ronal Larson wrote:
>     2.  After Kevin sent me 3 short videos a few days ago,  we agreed there could be great benefit to his and everybody’s stove research to get this early work out for discussion.  So this is to ask everyone to view Kevin’s annotated 2 minute video on an approach I have not previously seen:
>     https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EJQEKKkMTQbcKn3kBC1YZ50oqtZPsbym/view <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EJQEKKkMTQbcKn3kBC1YZ50oqtZPsbym/view>.

Is the fire burning on a concrete slab?  It's my understanding that
when a fire burns on ordinary concrete, there is a danger of explosive
spalling, which can injure bystanders and spread fire around.  Consider
insulating those flames from the concrete.

Dave

--
David Young
dyoung at pobox.com    Urbana, IL    (217) 721-9981

stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org

for more Biomass Cooking Stoves,  News and Information see our web site:
http://stoves.bioenergylists.org/