[Stoves] Off-topic: "Wood pellet CEO claims biomass carbon neutrality, despite science"

Anderson, Paul psanders at ilstu.edu
Sat Dec 14 20:35:28 CST 2019

Nikhil,

Short reply because I am not home from  India until Tuesday evening and am now without time to read the key article.

IF what you say is correct, do the numbers improve if the stoves produce charcoal (containing about 50% of the carbon atoms of the biomass)?   Improve sufficiently to justify the shift to those stoves?     Improve sufficiently to make a difference if the number of those stoves would be in the hundreds of millions?

I think that this topic is not “Off-topic” for a Listserv focused on cookstoves.

Doc / Dr TLUD / Paul S. Anderson, PhD --- Website:   www.drtlud.com<http://www.drtlud.com>
     Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu<mailto:psanders at ilstu.edu>       Skype:   paultlud
     Phone:  Office: 309-452-7072    Mobile & WhatsApp: 309-531-4434
Exec. Dir. of Juntos Energy Solutions NFP
     Go to: www.JuntosNFP.org<http://www.JuntosNFP.org>  to support woodgas (TLUD) projects
     incl. purchase of Woodgas Emission Reduction (WER) carbon credits
     and please tell you friends about these distinctive service efforts.
Author of “A Capitalist Carol” (free digital copies at www.capitalism21.org<http://www.capitalism21.org>)
     with pages 88 – 94 about  solving the world crisis for clean cookstoves.