[Stoves] Continuing in response to Crispin and James

d.michael.shafer at gmail.com d.michael.shafer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 22:19:27 CST 2019

Crispin,

I like the permafrost argument, to a point. My point would be that by the
time currently frozen permafrost zones have melted to the point that they
are supporting major carbon-sink forests, we are going to be toast. Were
that not worrisome, we would also be applauding the use of fossil fuels
which also began as forests.

The timing of the whole show matters or rather, the time scale matters. At
issue is where our short time scale matters relative to the global time
scale. Even if we accept that we "caused" the current warming, we know that
the world has been this hot before. Does it matter? Should we care?
Interesting questions. One thing that has always amazed and amused me is
the rapidity and complexity of nature's responses to our worst abuses. Why
should we expect these processes to stop working without us? Indeed, why
should we expect humans not to adapt as have so many other species? Put
differently, are we worried about "life on earth" or our "life style on
earth"?

Michael Shafer
www.warmheartworldwide.org
www.twitter.com/warmheartorg
http://www.facebook.com/warmheartworldwide
<http://www.youtube.com/warmheartvideo>

[image: photo]
*Dr. D. Michael Shafer*
Founder and Director, Warm Heart

+1 732-745-9295 | +66 (0)85 199-2958 | d.michael.shafer at gmail.com

www.warmhearworldwide.org | Skype: d.michael.shafer53 <#>
61 M.8 T.Maepang A.Phrao 50190 Chiang Mai Thailand
<http://www.facebook.com/d.michael.shafer>
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelshaferwarmheart?trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile>
<http://twitter.com/warmheartorg>
<https://www.facebook.com/warmheartworldwide/>

Latest Tweet: <https://twitter.com/WarmHeartOrg> Oh, yes. THE critical
message for all students. Think beyond or live a small life forever.
https://t.co/I1E7YBGsOd Read More
<https://twitter.com/WarmHeartOrg/statuses/1085712958934712320>
Get your own email signature
<https://www.wisestamp.com/signature-in-email?utm_source=promotion&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=get_your_own>