[Stoves] A Laboratory Assessment of 120 Air Pollutant Emissions from Biomass and Fossil Fuel Cookstoves

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Tue Jun 11 21:46:55 CDT 2019

Dear Sujatha

You have a customer.  Help him help spread your technology.

>It is not as if his father, who  made immense sacrifices (way beyond no lager) to try to afford his son
schooling, and generally do his best to provide for his family was irresponsible or uncaring.  What am I not understanding?

I think you have it right. Imperfect people are not immoral, just human.

There are other unsung "amaQawe" (= heroes/heroines, the "q" is a click) in the pantheon of African Greats. I took Dr Bill Mollison to a vegetable farmer within the city limits of Manzini, Swaziland to show him the work of two brothers. He was really stunned by how completely they have worked out intensive agriculture without any outside inputs or ideas from the likes of the Permaculture or Biodynamic agriculture crowds. The only suggestion he said he could make to improve things was to place banana circles at the bottom of the garden to capture run-off water and floating debris. The brothers farmed about 1.5 acres and lived well on it.

They could have planted some very tall over-spreading trees to provide some shade - vegetables stop growing in the middle of the day if it is too warm.

Heroes are everywhere...