[Stoves] farmed fuels

hennA1988 energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Thu Jun 20 04:02:53 CDT 2019

Hallo all,

not for the first time I try to bring giant reed(arundo donax) into the discussion.

Here in Spain, we have many years of experience with it.

Although being registered as invasive, it is quite easy to control by simply plowing and/or grazing.

Goats make short work of it by browsing all fresh shoots wherever they grow out of the designed area of the rizoma thicket.

Arundo is perhaps the most productive plant in a wide variety of climates and can easily be harvest by hand, even without tools at all!

The straight growing stems make it an ideal candidate for use in rocket stoves, densifying can be achieved by just trampling on the dry canes or passing them through a set of rollers.

Cutting the canes to an appropriate length makes them easy to handle and standardize as fuel.

And for more industrial processing:

They make excellent pellets!

Their capability to clean dirty waters up to potability is legendary, building up soil in it's way.

Seasonal management provides good shelter to all kind of wildlife during the main growing season, since there is a good time for harvesting during it's resting months in low season.

What more can you ask?

Valuable building material? Yes !

Cut in the right moment, it makes for strong floors, ceilings and walls.

Wonderful guides for tutoring tomatoes and all kind of vines.

And last but not least, it provides the only "legitimate" way to cook a proper paella!

Not enough?

I could go on and on...

Try for yourself!

Rolf

Outlook für Android herunterladen

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 1:09 AM +0200, "peeters frans" <peetersfrans at telenet.be> wrote:

DEARS,

    Sweden uses SALIX.

     Indonesia uses KNOTWEET 3x 270 cm (Japanse duizendknoop )

The strong KNOT make new hollow stalks  every year !!  Only a knife is needed for harvesting . Cut each stalk chamber before burning !

Regards

F.