[Stoves] LPG emissions

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Sat Jun 22 22:17:42 CDT 2019

Dear Friends

Hot on the heels of the Pennsylvania oil refinery fire comes one at an LPG facility in Singapore. My wife and I were looking at huge pall of modernising South of Johorwhere were at the moment. We speculated it was a forest fire in Indonesia. Not so.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/jurong-fire-jalan-buroh-lpg-chinese-nationals-injured-11651822

The Singapore fire proves once again that how you burn the fuel determines the emission. There was nothing "clean" about the fuel. The result was a thick, dark, smoky mess.

In other news the has been praise heaped on power stations that burn biomass blended with coal (sometimes gasifier first, which is pretty interesting) while

http://woodsmokepollution.org/

holds that all wood combustion has to be stopped. They have some extraordinary claims, all based on the misconception that bad emissions are inherent in wood such that none should burned. This is a Utah-based organisation whose members believe, apparently, that old wood stoves pollute and that new clean stove produce emissions that are more toxic than the old ones.

Gas = good, biomass = bad

Huh.

Regards
Crispin in Desaru amid the oil palms (biofuel)