[Stoves] farmed fuels

Stoves stoves at foodandfuel.info
Sun Jun 23 17:22:21 CDT 2019

Andrew,
I suppose your assumption is correct. The two times I saw the emptying of the char everything was pyrolysed and no uncarbonised cobs left.  They tend to be dry and as they are rather light-weight, they carbonise very easily. The fuel container is sheltered as it sits inside the oil drum and thus it gets really hot inside.
Whenever I visited the farm in those months of cooking I asked the cooks again and nobody reported smoke as an issue.
As primary air is restricted, the char can’t continue to burn, also the cooks were instructed to empty the char out for cooling once they had served the food.
That is as good as I can guess

Best regards
Christa