[Stoves] Auto-ignition of biomass

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 14:54:18 CDT 2019

Crispin:

Someone needs to do proper accounting of biomass balances in order to
assess the carbon-neutrality of biomass.

As far as I am concerned, since most emissions from biomass combustion have
SLGHGs and aerosols with short-term climate impacts - if local - all these
emissions must be evaluated at 20-year GWP (at least, if not 1-year GWP).

There is not a snowflake's chance in hell that biomass combustion is
climate-neutral DURING THE TIME FRAME OF most types of biomass combustion.
Or degradation.

That's roughly what Kirk Smith first said in 2000.

Too bad money went for HAPiT and aDALYs and practically none on field
testing of biomass balances and pathways to compute atCO2e.

Nikhil
Nikhil Desai
(US +1) 202 568 5831
*Skype: nikhildesai888*