[Stoves] Fwd: A Premix Burner

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sun Mar 10 22:32:04 CDT 2019

	Tonight Paul told me it was OK to send this on to the full list.   I do not have any details on how the premixing was achieved.  But Paul said it retains many of the features of his earlier designs - based on Alexis Belonio's designs.

	Paul said the flame was unlike any other he has previously seen.

	The "cookpot" in the photo is a wok; they are designed to have very high temperatures at the base (and this flame does).

	One concern was that he noticed gas leakage for the first time (the fuel is introduced at the top).

	I believe Paul will supply more data after he fine tunes this new approach.

	I consider this a major step forward in char-making - as I believe it will likely have very low emissions.   Anyone else achieved pre-mixing?

Ron