[Stoves] A Premix Burner

Aaron Wingle wingleaaron at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 16:49:26 CDT 2019

https://youtu.be/p_01Uy6sEl4
FA - Secondary Combustion Chamber

https://youtu.be/25GRrEi9u74
ND-TLUD with Secondary Combustion Chamber

https://youtu.be/J5jJcpvNuRY
ND - TLUD with Secondary Combustion Chamber and a strong vortex

Yes, the secondary (delayed) Combustion almost always offers a very clean
burn.  I have seen those very nearly invisible Flames using wood chips of
unknown origin on several of my designs using the Secondary Combustion
chamber. I not been able to afford insulation on the Secondary Combustion
chamber either but I suspect insulation would be very helpful on top.
Anyway, my YouTube channel is chock full of Secondary Combustion Chamber
videos.  It’s been difficult to fully prevent backfiring if these stoves by
sizing the openings properly but I do have at least 1 that works
dependable.

I’m happy to find others working on similar designs, your use of small
pipes would probably be much easier to work with than my small vortex
vents. The forced air version does not have backfire issues cause the
primary burn chamber has a bit of flame in it.