[Stoves] TLUD dimensions on concentrator holes and chimneys

Gordon West gordon.west at rtnewmexico.com
Thu Mar 28 09:13:22 CDT 2019

Here is a very interesting image of a large TLUD “stove” that Bill Knauss made years ago, pyrolyzing pecan shells. It is a 55 gallon drum with small computer fans providing both primary and secondary air. It has a stainless steel combustion chamber that also serves as concentrator ring. Secondary air is introduced though the 12mm holes. The cool thing is you can see the syngas below. The photo is in bright sunlight so you cannot see any flames, and there is no smoke. I posted another image of this about a week ago taken in the shade and the thin flames were blue/purple. I neglected to catch the flame temperature but I think it’s around 800C.

Gordon West
The Trollworks
503 N. “E” Street
Silver City, NM 88061
575-537-3689

An entrepreneur sees problems as the seeds of opportunity.