[Stoves] SUBSIDY for new CO2e emissions tops US$150 per ton

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Tue May 28 14:22:14 CDT 2019

On Tue, 28 May 2019 at 16:24, Nikhil Desai <pienergy2008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Kirk H.:
>
> Is this another argument between a pot and a kettle?

Cut the divisive remarks Nikhil, they're not helpful to anyone, least
of all you.

> If tree wood is the definition (ignoring all others) of biomass for household cookstoves, and if unit and collective efficiencies are not improved, HIGHER use of biomass must come from growing more trees - which stovers never seem to even recognize as an option - or cutting more trees.

It's you who always rails against designs that burn wood more
efficiently; better burning, better heat transfer lead to using less
fuel. That fuel can also be parts of a tree or agricultural residues
that ordinarily are discarded as part of the harvesting operations.

> I didn't at all misrepresent you; I exposed your logic.

Rubbish, you spouted an opinion with no basis in fact.

> Sorry to have to strike you at your weakness. If you can interpret my observation that taxes upon fossil fuel production and use run world governments - a fact that can be checked, unlike IMF "estimates" of subsidies" that simply do not exist - as "promoting fossil fuels", your logic extends to imagination.

That's a non sequitur

<snipped drivel>

> I look back at last 40 years of energy history, politics, and markets and have this conclusion as far as primary energy shares go:
>
> 1. Fossil fuels won.
> 2. Solar PV and wind won.
> 3. Nuclear, big hydro, and bioenergy lost.

Yes I see this but this is also because the externalities were not
addressed, Nuclear fission and its products will be with us for a long
time, in the scheme of things I'm not against it but, as I said in an
earlier post , as we have learned of its difficulties and mishaps
regulation has increased such that its costs have risen. Big hydro has
also created some environmental problems.

Anyway this all has little to do with [stoves], I imagine 3 billion
people using biomass cookstoves with consumption in the order of
10kg/day doesn't amount to much in the scheme of things compared with
current jetsetting.

Andrew