[Stoves] Off-topic: "Beyond Fire" - electric cooking beyondestablished grids

Kirk H. gkharris316 at comcast.net
Fri May 31 20:29:22 CDT 2019

Good discussion.

I would add in that health is not the only variable.  The cook using a TLUD might like not having to stay close to the hot stove pushing fuel into it, but can step back while the meal is cooking and do other things like care for the baby, prepare the rest of the meal, sew clothing, etc.  The improved stove might be so nice to use that, once the cook is comfortable with how to use it, it will gradually take over more of the cooking load.

I think that, as nice as electrical stoves are, they are questionable in “beyond established grids” low income areas.  Perhaps there isn’t enough money in some of these areas to entice electrical and fossil fuel companies to expand there (?).  Improved biomass stoves might be the best choice here, especially improved stoves that can use brush, ag waste, and farmed fuels instead of trees.

Kirk H.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10