[Stoves] Energy crisis in Zambia

nganga liambai nliambai at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 5 03:30:51 CST 2019

Good day team,
I am glady to interact with you all through this platform. I wish to take this opportunity to drift your attention to Zambia and its current energy crisis. Zambia's energy situation is unique. The energy sector has been dominated by a public electricity utility Corporation whose output has been large enough to service all sectors and classes to the effect that it's in effect an indirect regulator. This public utility generates electricity from a number of hydro potential power stations and as a result it has been able to supply electrical energy at the lowest tariffs ($0.01/kWh) in the subregion. Inevitably, the situation has been conducive for Cooking and heating on electric stoves and geysers for those that are connected to the grid. On the other hand the few that are not connected to the grid cook or heat using open fires fueled by firewood of dead trees gathered from forests. These don't pay or hardly can afford to pay for the firewood. The practice of cooking on biomass stoves fueled by charcoal has been more of luxurious barbeque purposes. While this has been the order of the day, doom, drought hits the country to the effect of drying out Kariba dam the source of half of the electrical energy in the country. Catastrophically this happens when the economy is going through a recession and therefore at the time when the need to keep the wheels of industry turning is critical. The natural consequence is unprecedented widespread long hours of load shading of domestic lines and other non critical lines And Boom for biomass stoves, geyser and charcoal. The situation marks a turning point and is conducive for a biomass stove business campaign.In this regard I am looking for partners to work with here in Zambia under a project promoted by myself and titled Future Energy Grids. Zambia simply has business advantage in the renewable energy sector. Those interested in working with me can get in touch on WhatsApp: +260978960986
Eng.. Nganga Lyambai.