[Stoves] Pebble bed three stone fire

neiltm at uwclub.net neiltm at uwclub.net
Fri Nov 8 09:02:14 CST 2019

On 7 Nov 2019 at 14:36, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott wrote:

> This is a photo of the three stone fire with a set of stones in it, and a
> clay grate as an aeration device.
>
> In the past 8 months about 3 million people have adopted this as a fuel
> saving and emissions reduction "device".
>
> The retention rate (continued use) is in the high 90's % range. It's
> effect is obvious and basically free.
>
> This is a demo presented by SNV after the ISO meeting.

Its a con Crispin!  Those rocks look inflatable to me, at least you can
see a seam!   And I strongly suspect that the coffee table would show
scorch marks, as well as adding considerably to the cost!

How many millenia have the women been waiting for the men to get round to
improving their cooking fires?

Is THIS a better reason for disbelief we ever landed men on the moon?

Best wishes,  Neil Taylor (who still has trouble that the primus stove
was invented at the end of the 19th century, the TLUD about 100 years
later, (maybe?) - and now this - the new stone age!  ;-)