[Stoves] (no subject) (K McLean)

Tom Miles trmilesjr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 16:06:22 CDT 2019

Paul Hait, from Bend, Oregon, exhibited the "Pyromid" stove at the Pune,
India stoves gathering in 2000. that was the first gathering of members of
this list. The Pyromid is now marketed as the EcoQue
https://theprovidentprepper.org/ecoque-portable-grill-pyromid/
http://www.ecoque.com/portable-grills

Tom

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 1:57 PM Andrew Heggie <aj.heggie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 at 20:15, K McLean <info at sun24.solar> wrote:
> >
> > Christa, you and Crispin both suggested charcoal displacement as the
> reason for the efficiency improvement.  This is a simple explanation that
> justifies the use of rocks and a second grate in the mbaula.
> >
> > Do you think there may be other factors involved, too?  In the Zambian
> mbaula testing, efficiency was improved 41%.  The charcoal displacement was
> not close to 41%.  I'll try to think of other tests that allow for charcoal
> displacement.
>

> Simple explanations are often right and I don't doubt Christa that
> people over fuel stoves.
>
> Back in 2006 we had a contributor that marketed stainless steel
> barbecue stoves and he  claimed his stoves worked best because of the
> fuel placement in a "thermal array":
>
> http://www.stoves.bioenergylists.org/node/418
>
> Andrew

T R Miles Technical Consultants, Inc