[Stoves] Does anyone recognize this charcoal stove off hand? (From Ethiopia)

David Meed dbmeed at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 10:20:07 CDT 2019

I'm usually a lurker here.

I'm going on a trip to Ethiopia in March.   The orphanage where I'm going
uses this charcoal stove when they don't have electricity. Given the recent
discussion of charcoal stoves, I thought I'd just ask and see if anyone
recognized this particular stove and could tell me if there are significant
improvements in efficiency that can be made to it? The picture was sent to
me by the leader of the trip who probably doesn't know anything more about
it other than it uses charcoal.

[image: EthiopiaShoneStoveSmaill.jpg]

I can do some searching online with images, but thought if someone
recognizes it immediately that would be nice.  I think this is the only
photo.  Maybe could get more if necessary the next time someone visits that
town.

Thank you
David Meed