[Stoves] General Request for Information

Kip Hansen kiphansen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 13:19:54 CDT 2019

Stoves List,

I am a web-based journalist/essayist, covering various science and
health issues.

I have had ten years experience in the NGO/Humanitarian field in the
Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

I came recently across this  ProPublic story about improved cook stoves:

Undercooked: An Expensive Push to Save Lives and Protect the Planet
Falls Short
<https://www.propublica.org/article/cookstoves-push-to-protect-the-planet-falls-short>

[
https://www.propublica.org/article/cookstoves-push-to-protect-the-planet-falls-short
]

I'd like to cover the subject in as well-rounded a manner as possible
and seek input from you, the real experts.  The intended market is a
web-based idea-exchange outlet such as Fabius Maximus.
<https://fabiusmaximus.com/>

I do realize that this is a controversial subject -- that there are
"warring" factions -- divergent views -- and many opinions.  I have no
intention of adding to or fueling any existing controversy.

If you could supply background materials on the successes and failures
of efforts to design, manufacture, distribute and, most importantly,
*the acceptance and actual widespread use *(or lack of that) of any of
the stoves in any area it would be a great help to me.

I will not use any personal opinions or information shared without your
expressed permission -- so feel free to be forthright and "let it all
hang out".

You can contact me via this list, or directly at kip at i4.net, or by
telephone at 1 321 505 0477.

Thank you,