[Stoves] Water Disinfection - Mix Boiling Water and Unheated Water to Pasteurize

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Mon Sep 23 16:11:26 CDT 2019

Dear Kevin

I support your support to support those who have nothing.  Better is something.

Is it possible that VITA has done work on this?

It is so essential that it seems unlikely there is no work on it.  It is not something I follow closely.

Perhaps a brief search will turn up someone who knows someone who knows.

Your disinfection by darkness method should be easy to test in a lab.  If successful in the lab, I can think of many ways it might be easily implemented.

Despite decades of effort, 2.2 billion people (67%) in the 60 developing countries analyzed in this study<https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov%2Fpmc%2Farticles%2FPMC2813171%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ca0474e01fe9248764cbb08d74054aae8%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637048604701180350&sdata=Mof2RhXTrcKGhzAOpogXCWpdpgbyMdXmZtNF40Umy4w%3D&reserved=0> do nothing to treat their water.  Of those that treat, 500 million use adequate methods.

If you think your disinfection by darkness method has potential, help find a lab and I'll pay for the testing.  It doesn't have to be the best solution, just a good method that can be quickly disseminated.  Let's not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Kevin