[Stoves] VITA's origins

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Tue Sep 24 11:55:23 CDT 2019

>agh the great sulfur experiment It led Ben Bryant (RIP) into experiments with sulphur impregnated fiberboard made from paper and pulped ag residues

I didn't heat about that! I saw beautiful bricks and floor tiles. Really beautiful, made largely from sulphur.  I worried about fires...

>I give up on the decision to locate  NCAT in Montana. Many of us  wondered about that.

Let's let Cecil tell that story because it was his idea.

>Pompe Verniet yields varnished pump on my google translator.

It is also called Pompe ARMA as I recall. It had a foot-powered piston at the sink that operated a remote inflatable rubber cylinder inside a pump cylinder in the well. The water in the foot-piston went back and forth, while the water came out of the tap.  They were sort of convenient but not very efficient. The key was a wound rubber strip cylinder (like wound glass) that when pressurized, expanded in length, not in diameter.