[Stoves] Yet another review paper (2014): Perspectives in Household Air Pollution Research: Who Will Benefit from Interventions

Ronal Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Thu Jan 2 10:20:58 CST 2020

List with ccs

	The pertinence here seems to be that Peel once worked with Smith.  Not at all pertinent to my initial query - on using the fact that char-making (not char using as Nikhil uses in his final paragraph). Is different from all other stove types. And is almost not discussed at all in stove—health publications.  And clearly char-making stoves are the healthiest of all starting with biomass.

	There is a surprising link to my carbon-climate world towards the end of this paper - recommending this paper:  https://www.cambridge.org/core/services/aop-cambridge-core/content/view/4B8AFEEA2102B1F54561B05586E5FA8A/S1068280519000200a.pdf/div-class-title-estimating-the-present-value-of-carbon-sequestration-in-u-s-forests-2015-2050-for-evaluating-federal-climate-change-mitigation-policies-div.pdf <https://www.cambridge.org/core/services/aop-cambridge-core/content/view/4B8AFEEA2102B1F54561B05586E5FA8A/S1068280519000200a.pdf/div-class-title-estimating-the-present-value-of-carbon-sequestration-in-u-s-forests-2015-2050-for-evaluating-federal-climate-change-mitigation-policies-div.pdf>.  It has no connection to char-making cookstoves - which I think will be limited to the half of the world now cooking with biomass.  And who could use a little more income (and a lot less expense).

	Again,  My query to this list is - how can we best use the fact that char-making stoves can make money for their users?  Nikhil has failed to address that issue.  Is mine a non-serious question?  One has to believe that climate change is real to get into this topic in a serious way.

Ron