[Stoves] Who wants to promote and invest in a box-kiln which would replace a round steel-kiln? ADAM

dr.adam scda2 at ymail.com
Mon Jan 20 05:05:24 CST 2020

Dear All,i think i came up with a very good concept to replace the (not very much loved) round steel kiln (MARK-II etc.) which is still promoted by some organisations like FAO/ UNDP etc.I got it (called box-kiln) Utility Model registered for Ethiopia, Kenya, and South Africa,
now i have still time for 12 month to get it protected by the countries of

2. African Regional Industrial PropertyOrganization (ARIPO) in Harare, Zimbabwe to cover the following 14 Africancountries: Botswana, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Sudan,Swaziland, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania and Sierra Leone.
If anybody feels like to extended the "utility protection" to other countries, and to promote its dissemination- he/she is welcome.
I am doing a one-man job, will be 70 years soon, so i want to slow down in this field.My idea is that the person will do all the investment/ costs, intellectual property registration,  promotion,
once there is benefit we share 50/50.Everything would start with a signed non-disclosure agreement to me and i would release to him/her the drawings.BestChris ADAM
scda2 at ymail.com

Round steel kiln (Ring Kiln)

Box-Kiln  (adam-design)

disadvantages

advantages

Complicated Construction: needs a sophisticated metal workshop, as a roller-sheet bending machine is needed to bend large metal sheets into a circle shape.

Simple Construction: simple construction in any village workshop, just (extensive) welding and no sheet needs to be cut.

Operation by more persons: it needs 2 or more persons to lift and remove the lid and upper ring of a round steel ring.

Operation by a single person: a single person can tilt the Box-Kiln because of the counter weights to ease tilting (option: if money needs to be saved, skip the counter weights).

Biomass (wood) needs to be cut short into short pieces of different length- according to the variation of cross-section of the kiln.

Biomass (wood) can be used in one standard length (about 2 meters).

Medium efficiency which is not really enough to justify and benefit all the investment

Higher efficiency because of the top of the Box-Kiln can be easily insulated by a removable lid/cover. For a quick cooling the lid/cover can be removed.

Medium volume (2,5m³) for filling with biomass

High volume for filling with biomass, about 4m² if 1m x 2m metal sheets are used

Difficult access to recover the charcoal, as the charcoal needs to be taken out from the deep hole if the kiln.

Easy access for loading the biomass and offloading of the charcoal, as the box will be tilted upwards to ~90°

dt.

Trials for an after burner can be made for a clean combustion of the wood gas

dt.

Box-kiln can be loaded on a pick-up f transport

dt.

Quick construction within a few days

none
  |  Already registered under the “Intellectual Property Law” to save the project's investment.  |

Steel round kiln, photo: FAO

"Don't tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have traveled." -Mohammed-
'No man or thing can
stand in the way
of an idea whose
time has come' - V.Hugo-

---------------------------------

Gert Chesi: Fotos sind wie Museen das Gedächtnis der Menschheit

adam + partner
Appropriate Technologist + Industrial Designer

Box 10 10 17, Addis Abeba,
E T H I O P I A

Mob:  +251- (0) 94 550 1215
(Mob: +49-(0)175-528 96 24, German Telekom does not always work in Ethiopia!)

www.biocoal.org
scda2 at ymail.com