[Stoves] Char from Corn cobs ??

Ronal Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Mon Jan 20 19:09:02 CST 2020

	Kevin McLean and I have been supporting some research in Uganda on making char from corn cobs.  They seem perfect to me - the right costs, shape, and size.  Mostly left in the field, but would be much more valuable if converted to both energy and char (the latter to go back to the field).

	Anyone know of any place where this is now happening - in stoves (TLUD or other)?

	This is somewhat similar to using rice husks, which is happening a lot.  Besides corn cobs, what other crop residues should be used for combined cooking and char-making?

Ron