[Stoves] Can anyone identify the manufacturer of this stove?

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 07:35:22 CDT 2020

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 at 10:37, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott
<crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:

> I have a report that this stove was being used with “petrol” which I think in English means “diesel”, while gasoline is called “essence”.   It was recorded as a “kerosene stove” that due to absence of fuel, was being operated with “petrol” which I think is diesel.
>

> Does anyone have experience operating a kerosene stove with diesel? I have never tried it as kerosene is so common and almost invariably cheaper.

I can't help with the stove but have used something similar where the
wick was wound up  by a thumbwheel, you wound it just high enough for
the flame to remain blue. They were "aladdin stoves" and continue to
be available for greenhouse heating. Using heating oil/kerosene in
these tended to block the wick and the wick could not be turned up as
far so lower power IIRC.

The fuel was paraffin which ceased to be available cheaply decades ago
in UK. kerosene is generally a heavier oil and used for heating as 28
second heating kerosene.  Gasoil and diesel are  the same and 35
second redwood. A higher grade kerosene is available for the wicked
AGA cookers, it's still 28 second but much more expensive. With these
cookers once they are up to temperature they act in a vaporising mode
and the wick doesn't burn as it is below the flame.

Gasoline in UK is petrol.

Andrew