[Stoves] A stove I have been working on

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Thu Jun 4 20:36:49 CDT 2020

Dear Kirk

I have had a look at the design and a couple of questions arose.

When you say there is no need to add forced secondary air when forced primary air is added (to increase the burn rate) how is additional secondary air drafted in?  Is the volume in fact fixed and most of it is not used at low power, or is there some obvious manner in which the secondary air volume tracks reasonably the increase in primary air?

Second question relates to the char.  From your fuel load, what is the cooled char mass at the end?  Is it fully charred or is there a little at the very bottom which is not?

Thanks
Crispin