[Stoves] Fwd: FW: ETHOS 2020 follow-up; proceedings and new leadership!

Tom Miles trmilesjr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 22:11:59 CDT 2020

ETHOS NEWS

*From:* Elisa Derby <elisa.derby at berkeley.edu>
*Sent:* Monday, June 22, 2020 7:55 PM
*To:* Elisabeth Derby <elisa.derby at berkeley.edu>
*Cc:* Bond,Tami <Tami.Bond at colostate.edu>
*Subject:* ETHOS 2020 follow-up; proceedings and new leadership!

Dear all,

The world is a very different place than when we last saw each other in
Kirkland. I hope that all of you have been faring as well as possible. For
those who haven't already discovered that the ETHOS proceedings have been
posted on the website, here's that link:
http://www.ethoscon.com/proceedings-archive/
<https://click.api.drift.com/click/d981d7d4-08a2-4553-bef7-2a3f2ce2f05d?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ethoscon.com%2Fproceedings-archive%2F&h=aba8e6b7ea4b047b45495e7b502d02e5>

I'm primarily writing with VERY exciting news for all of ETHOS. It has been
an honor and a joy to serve ETHOS as Madame President for the last 5 years,
and as I mentioned at ETHOS 2020, the time has come to pass the torch. I
could not be more thrilled about our new leader-- please join me in
welcoming long-time ETHOS friend since almost the beginning, former ETHOS
Board member, MacArthur Fellow, and your friend and mine, our new Madame
President, Dr. Tami Bond!

As regular ETHOS participants know, Tami has been exceedingly generous
within our community with her time, energy, knowledge, curiosity, and
enthusiasm. ETHOS is poised to grow and evolve in new and exceptional ways
in the coming years and we are tremendously lucky to have Tami at the helm.

Following Mark Bryden's example, I'll stay on the Board for now to support
Tami's leadership from backstage.

What a lovely community to have been part of all these years.

See you next time, back in the audience!

best,

Elisa

PS-- the Washington Post published a nice obituary/article on Kirk
yesterday:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/kirk-r-smith-scientist-who-warned-of-health-hazards-of-open-fire-cooking-dies-at-73/2020/06/21/bb9d1204-b319-11ea-856d-5054296735e5_story.html
<https://click.api.drift.com/click/f0062355-de14-4efb-bee0-0151efc90c45?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Flocal%2Fobituaries%2Fkirk-r-smith-scientist-who-warned-of-health-hazards-of-open-fire-cooking-dies-at-73%2F2020%2F06%2F21%2Fbb9d1204-b319-11ea-856d-5054296735e5_story.html&h=0c01618d87e3e3ccd833776a1f5ad00a>