[Stoves] Stove identification please

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 16:12:47 CDT 2020

On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 at 18:43, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott <
crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:

> Dear Andrew
>

> I used this:
>
> http://catalog.cleancookstoves.org/stoves/268
>

> It looks right.  Maybe someone copied it incorrectly to another place.

Yes it looks like the web page has transcribed it wrongly.

I see your point about the CO2 measure being wrong so probably all the
results should bear some scrutiny.

I would like to see some sort of comparison of the various figures given
for PM2.5, here we see a figure of milligrams per MegaJoule of heat
delivered to the pot, in this case the stove vents into the cooking space
so all those particulates circulate in the room until the air changes by
ventilation, what does it mean in terms of air concentration and exposure.

My house is heated by a wood stove that is passed as being compliant with
an ecodesign standard. The emissions all go up a chimney so don't impact
the household air but the standard is given as grams per tonne of fuel
burned, when the milligram per MJ of heat output would seem to be a better
metric.

Andrew