[Stoves] Mongolian traditional clay stove

K McLean info at sun24.solar
Mon May 25 22:37:06 CDT 2020

Crispin,

My initial thoughts is this an architecturally beautiful stove.  The most
attractive handmade, homemade stove I've seen.  And it appears to be a very
clean burn.

My suggestion, perhaps wrong, is that it could benefit from a grate under
the dung.

Ron referenced the AgWa stove we are developing.  It is a little early to
bring this up with the stove list but it shows promise.  It is simple and
inexpensive (> USD 2).   A metal cylinder with holes at the bottom is
filled with agricultural waste (eg, maize cobs and stalks).  It's lit on
top so it is a TLUD.  We've found that a little fuel needs to be added to
keep the fire going.  A flame cap makes a clean burn, much cleaner than
three-stone.  Char remains if quenched before burning to ash.  We have
tested this successfully in Uganda and will update.

Kevin