[Stoves] ***SPAM*** Re: [Biochar] Pull embers from three-stone cookstove to use as biochar.

Ronal Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sat Apr 3 01:08:57 CDT 2021

Michael and.6 Ccs: - and adding “stoves' - as Kevin started a cookstove - related thread; and adding Paul

	1.  I apologize for missing your message below until just now.

	2.  Paul Anderson has also addressed the “excited” sentence below.

	3.  I know that you are doing excellent biochar field work using char produced via corn cobs charred in TLUD type fashion in 200 liter drums.   This qualifies as biochar for me.   Your char/biiochar work is great.

	Can you further clarify this last “excited’ sentence?  That is - I am “excited" about both your char/biochar and Kevin’s char/biochar.  I like Kevin’s because it uses (cooking) the energy that most 200 liter drum’s can’t.  And for the multiple reasons I gave earlier today on why 3-stone fires remain so successful (zero cost, non-batch,  less fuel preparation,  etc..  Kevin could be making a major change in the way three-stone fires will be used - and his idea (and self-funding) is only a few weeks old.    To the climate benefit of us all.

	4.  So to repeat. - I am not understanding your last sentence - seeming to make a distinction where I see little..

Ron

> On Mar 28, 2021, at 2:39 AM, d.michael.shafer at gmail.com wrote:
>
> Ron,
>
> Would be very interested in results. My understanding is that the problem with charcoal is that it never gets hot enough (a) to burn out all of the tars and other aromatics and (b) to form the carbons into the necessary sheets of ring structures. If this is not true, why are we so excited about biochar when the alternative of using charcoal is so close at hand?

> Dr. D. Michael Shafer
> Founder and Director, Warm Heart
> +1 732-745-9295 <tel:+1 732-745-9295> | +66 (0)85 199-2958 <tel:+66 (0)85 199-2958> | d.michael.shafer at gmail.com <mailto:d.michael.shafer at gmail.com>
> www.warmheartworldwide.org <http://www.warmheartworldwide.org/> | Skype: live:d.michael.shafer53 <x-msg://80/#>
> 61 M.8 T.Maepang A.Phrao 50190 Chiang Mai Thailand
>   <http://www.facebook.com/d.michael.shafer>	  <http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelshaferwarmheart?trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile>	  <http://twitter.com/warmheartorg>
>

>  <https://www.facebook.com/warmheartworldwide/>    <https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelshaferwarmheart/>
>

> On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 8:18 AM Ronal Larson <rongretlarson at comcast.net <mailto:rongretlarson at comcast.net>> wrote:
> Michael,  cc Kevin
>
> 	It should be fairly easy to test with seed sprouting at a kitchen window.

	RWL;  I have excised five more messages below going back to March 11 - mostly between Kevin and myself -  all related to what I have begun calling. BC-HERS, but not related to Michaels above short message

		<snip>