[Stoves] on ETHOS 21

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 09:06:17 CST 2021

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 at 07:47, Ronal Larson <rongretlarson at comcast.net> wrote:

> I’ve been asked a few times why so little messaging these days on this list.

I cannot explain it but feel the server's bad habit of often
prepending a spamflag not only puts people off but also means the
message is discarded unseen. Unfortunately there is nothing we seem to
be able to do to edit it out.

 >I was glad to be able to say that last night I had sent in a message
on using a (possibly) >cheap quarter barrel as a hood to help on
health issues.  Anyone else able to expand on any stove topic?

We have possibly fallen below the critical mass of regular posters so
posts don't seem to be commented on.

> I personally prefer the ETHOS format this year over an in-person meeting.  Of course we all miss personal contact, but the formatting has included plenty of time (can be more than one-on-one) for interesting dialogs.  Five half days is a lot better for me than 2.5 full days and two half-days lost in travel time.  Also able to have many more papers from over-seas.

This must be good for  regular attendees' carbon footprint.

> By far the best part of the day for me was Julian Winter saying (during discussions - not a paper)  that TLUD implementation problems in Bangladesh are already over.  There has been such NPP success with farmers using the biochar that their TLUD (a fine one built locally) can’t keep up with demand.   In some cases,  Julian's Bangladesh TLUD is being used only for making biochar (for soil application) - no cooking.

Heartening news
Andrew