[Stoves] Op-Ed - Realizing the Benefits of Combined Heat and Power Systems

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Fri Jun 4 08:47:49 CDT 2021

Dear Nganga

Thank you for that update on access statistics and generation.  This is an important perspective when addressing access to modern energy.  At present there is an large ESMAP clean cooking programme starting in Rwanda where distances are short and hydro generators are many.

Of particular interest are small power sources for lighting, radios, TV's and (In my opinion) operating cooking appliances using a variety of fuels.  It doesn't take much power to have controls for cookers and ovens.

For those interested in what is currently available, see TECTEG's website at https://tecteg.com/. They have modules that will operate up to 1000 C.