[Stoves] Need help to find 'open source portable natural draft portable cookstove'

pramod khadilkar pramod.khadilkar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 01:43:23 CDT 2021

Dear List members,

For a research project involving dissemination of cook stoves at a
university in India, I want to find options of -
1) Open source portable cook stove designs (That could be disseminated
without violating any royalties or without technology transfer)
2) That run on biomass (Indian agricultural residues)
3) Need to be Portable
4) Using only natural draft (No external power source required)
5) Technical details must be available
6) preferably tested in field or lab for performance

I work in a design department at IIT Delhi and I work for a lab Behaviour
Informed Design for Development Lab (BID4D). The aim is not to design a new
cookstove but to understand the behavioural aspects related to different
options of cookstoves. I am selecting 1 portable and 1 fixed stove and wish
to understand how the acceptance of improved cookstoves changes and what
are the behavioural responses.

Any repository of such design or suggestions for individual designs for the
same would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

--
*Pramod Khadilkar*