[Stoves] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: Stoves Digest, Vol 146, Issue 3

neiltm at uwclub.net neiltm at uwclub.net
Wed Oct 12 15:00:10 CDT 2022

On 12 Oct 2022 at 0:46, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott wrote:

> There is a general rule which that biomass burns best (most cleanly and
> completely) when it is NOT completely dry, unless you have a special
> combustor.

Can you explain why that should be so Crispin?

I feel this is right from my own experience, but also remember those
running internal combustion engines from woodgas said the same thing.
 Their theory was that they were 'cracking' the water into hydrogen
and oxygen, and got better performance than with totally dry wood.

Best wishes,   Neil Taylor, (still regularly cooking with wood, but
mostly these days with my original StoveTec rocket stove when not
camping, and utilising a large BBQ hand crank fan for forced air,
turned slowly in the early stages to avoid smoke.)