[Stoves] [Biochar] Ceramic Philosophy: Request for Pyrolysis Biochar Stove Designs

Joshua Guinto jed.building.bridges at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 19:54:21 CST 2023

Dear Gabriel

I'm interested in what you do for ageoecoloegy and how stoves Will fit into
your work.

We at Bahay Teknik is doing a lot with clay and we formulate our own recipe
to produce firebricks for our rocket stoves. We also make variations of
recipes for different types of bricks depending upon the required functions.

Our rocket.stoves is actually a hybrid of a rocket and a TLUD gasifier.
With pili nut shells which we have in abundance in my region, the stove
runs on a gasifier mode during the first fuel load and then switch to
rocket thereafter. It can run on wood sticks, wood pellets, holey
briquettes and pili (or small size nut) shells. Temperature at the fire
chamber could go as high as 700 degrees Celsius, thus producing a good
quality brochar.
We can harvest the biochar with ease by simply dumping the hot char in a
pan of water.

You may visit our Facebook page Bahay Teknik. Our manager Sandino will be
glad to assist you.

Best regards

Jed Guinto