[Stoves] [Norton AntiSpam]SPAM: ***SPAM*** Re: [Biochar] Ceramic Philosophy: Request for Pyrolysis Biochar Stove Designs

tmiles at trmiles.com tmiles at trmiles.com
Sat Feb 11 18:01:58 CST 2023

Done

From: Stoves <stoves-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org> On Behalf Of frank battaglia
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2023 3:45 PM
To: Discussion of biomass cooking stoves <stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org>
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam]SPAM: [Stoves] ***SPAM*** Re: [Biochar] Ceramic Philosophy: Request for Pyrolysis Biochar Stove Designs

Take me off this fucking mailing list

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android <https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>

On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 7:40 AM, Stephen Joseph

<joey.stephen at gmail.com <mailto:joey.stephen at gmail.com> > wrote:

Hi Albert

yes you are correct.  I spent a month with Brazilian scientists at Inmetro near Rio working on this.  We have published a couple of papers around the role of minerals especially clay that have been deposited on the surface of the wood and grass biochar.

I suggest people look at the BBC series "Around the world in 80 gardens" and the episode on Brazil and the subsection on Terra preta when an Indigenous woman shows how she makes biochar amendments.

I contend that the present methodology from Vera and Puro doesn't take into consideration composite oranomineral based biochars  which can be more effective both from plant response and from persistence.