[Stoves] ***SPAM*** Crude brick TLUD for developing countries

K McLean kmclean56 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 07:53:02 CDT 2023

Here is a video <stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org> demonstrating how to make
and use a brick TLUD.  It works great, women love it.

1. It uses almost any fuel:  maize stalks and cobs, rice straw, dung,
elephant grass stalks, sticks and twigs, etc..  So it allows women and
girls to stop collecting firewood from forests and use renewable fuel that
is nearby.
2. It is cheap to make and easy to use.  36 bricks usually cost under USD 1.
3. It is batch fed so cooks can light the top and leave the kitchen to do
other things.  It will burn untended for 15-40 minutes, depending on the
fuel.
4. There is much less visible smoke than from wood in three stone
cookstoves.
5. It makes char that can be used as biochar or to make briquettes.

Has this been done before?  I'm presenting on it next week at the IBI
biochar conference.  I don't want to present it as novel if it is not.

Thanks,
Kevin McLean
Sun24