[Stoves] ***SPAM*** Re: Rotary project question

dr.adam scda2 at ymail.com
Tue Nov 28 02:57:33 CST 2023

"....6.  Googling Ugandan charcoal industry, the emphasis was on how hard it will be for rural char-makers to now make a living.  There should be ways to prepare optimum sized pieces of wood for Kevin’s cook stoves - which can (soon, not right now) be optimized for very large cook pots - and make biochar for improving local crops......."

Dear All,
i developed a new
Shelter Drum Retort Kilnwhich should be very suitable to carbonize agricultural left over like coffee/rice-husks, olive kernels, nutshells, corn cops, sugar bagasse, water hyacinths, etc. and of course wood.We will build them in Kenya near Kisumu in January.It's a low-cost continuous batch system using old barrels (oil drums), it means one barrel after the other will be inserted into a hot shelter made from bricks. About 5 or more batches should be possible during a day. I expect a very convenient operation and a high efficiency. Heat from wood gas will be used for the process. Clean burning of the smoke (retort system). About 1000€ or less for one set up/installation.The char can be used for biochar or to make briquettes.It's a very simple design- and i wonder nobody else realized this set-up yet!
RegardsChris ADAM
https://www.biocoal.org/coffee-husks-carbonization-briquetting/

"Don't tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have traveled." -Mohammed-
'No man or thing can
stand in the way
of an idea whose
time has come' -V.Hugo-
"Fotos sind wie Museen das Gedächtnis der Menschheit" -Gert Chesi-

adam + partner
Appropriate Technologist + Industrial Designer

Box 10 10 17, Addis Abeba,
E T H I O P I A

Mob:  +251- (0) 94 550 1215
(Mob: +49-(0)175-528 96 24, German Telekom does not always work in Ethiopia!)

www.biocoal.org
scda2 at ymail.com