[Stoves] ***SPAM*** Methane emissions during pyrolysis / charcoal production

Christa Roth (bioenergylist) stoves at foodandfuel.info
Wed Jan 31 08:12:43 CST 2024

Dear colleagues

Anybody know any figures on methane emissions while making biochar or producing charcoal?

I recently got alerted about unexpected amounts of methane emitted from gasifier cookstoves when making char.

Does that also occur when making biochar or normal charcoal? I guess a retort will be a good option to burn up any potential methane?

During ETHOS quite a bit about the real -life figures about charcoal production were discussed but I am not aware of any methane figures.

Any leads?

Christa Roth
stoves at foodandfuel.info