[Digestion] vermiculture

David Fulford davidf at kingdombio.com
Thu Nov 11 02:14:28 CST 2010

Matt and listers, Hello,

There are two projects in South India doing vermiculture of digestate:
SKG Sangha and VK-Nardep that have been highlighted on the list, as they
both won Ashden Awards. There are videos available for both projects,
although the one for VK-Nardep is a sequence of still photographs taken
at the time of the judge's visit.

The Ashden Award links are: www.ashdenawards.org/winners/skgsangha
<http://www.ashdenawards.org/winners/skgsangha> and
www.ashdenawards.org/winners/vknardep
<http://www.ashdenawards.org/winners/vknardep>. A direct link to SKG
Sangha is: www.skgsangha.org <http://www.skgsangha.org> and to VK-Nardep
is: vknardep.org <http://vknardep.org>.

Regards,

David Fulford

On 11/11/2010 01:33, Matt Lorig wrote:
> There was a project mentioned on the list (maybe a year or two ago)
> about a vermiculture project using the digestate from a biogas plant.
> I think it was in India.  I think they were using sawdust to soak up
> the water and composting it for a period of time and then introducing
> the worms.  I can't find the link now.  Does anyone remember what I'm
> talking about?  Or does anyone have any info about vermiculture
> combined with biogas?
>
> Matt Lorig
> mattlorig at yahoo.com

Dr David Fulford CEnv MEI, 15, Brandon Ave, Woodley, Reading RG5 4PU
d.j.fulford at btinternet.com <mailto:d.j.fulford at btinternet.com>, Tel:
+44(0)118 326 9779 Mob: +44(0)7746 806401
Kingdom Bioenergy Ltd, www.kingdombio.com <http://www.kingdombio.com>,
davidf at kindombio.com <mailto:davidf at kindombio.com>