[Digestion] R.R.R. ->was-> Re Digestate as fertilizer

Björn Dahlroth bjorn.dahlroth at telia.com
Fri Nov 19 11:46:35 CST 2010

Sounds nice but with all systems where matter is going around in cycles one
should try to check the losses and environmental effects. In systems
involving digestion and recycling to agriculture it is especially the losses
of methane, ammonia and nitrous oxide to air and the losses of nitrate to
water. This has nothing to do with the recycling theory but instead with how
you build and manage the system.
Energy efficiency is also interesting as the raw material e g manure and
agricultural residues although renewable still might become a limited
resource. So how to tune and optimize the system and not only the digestion
plant. Something to think about.
Bjorn Dahlroth