[Digestion] Digestate comparison to liquid worm castings

Alexander Eaton alex at sistemabiobolsa.com
Tue Dec 6 17:42:30 CST 2011

Thanks David,

Based on this information, it seems likely that the positive results we
have been having with "direct" application of low-dose digestate has really
has an intermediary absorption y evaporation stage as the digestate is
applied to the soil or to the compost int he worm bed.  Our results do not
seem to show the following "collapse" of plants, but we have seen some
impressive growth, particularly in forage plants.

Our current work is trying to establish application rates of digestate on
different crops, with different timing etc. to formalize the use of the
digestate as fertilizer to help promote the technology.  We have been
basing current application rates on macro-nutrient content (as compared to
standard chemical fertilizer application rates), but we have seen that our
results are far better than just macro-nutrient application would imply.
We are digging deeper into micro-nutrients and biological factors to better
understand these results.  Next steps would be guides for adding minerals
or other additives to the digestate to optimize it for different types of
crops at different times in the crop cycle.  We have a good base, but there
are a lot of factors, so any existing work in this field would be really
useful.

Saludos,

Alexander Eaton
Sistema Biobolsa