[Digestion] Biogas conversation rates

Alexander Eaton alex at sistemabiobolsa.com
Mon Jan 17 16:21:32 CST 2011

Reuben, are you suggesting that we (in the industrialized world) all suffer
from "unsuppressed energy demand"?  Untrammeled Energy Demand?  Maybe even
Glutenous Energy Demand?  Very interesting ;)

We do see people adding energy uses when they have more energy, e.g.
biogas.  This would through a hitch in the carbon calcs, except for the fact
that the methodology allows you to assume that they would have eventually
found a way to provide that energy, and it would have come from a fossil
fuel.

Also, I agree that lighting should be considered only after all cooking,
heating, water heating, sterilization and other uses of the gas have been
ruled out, and really should not be used for lighting at all if electricity
is available.  You will find that those calculation are a bit more straight
forward, as you are dealing with energy delivered not lumens, a more
straight forward calculation.

Cheers,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Reuben Deumling <9watts at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Eric Buysman <ericishier at yahoo.com>wrote:
>
>> ...energy demand is likely to be higher when people have biogas, as they
>> might currently suffer from suppressed energy demand.
>>

> Interesting. Very cultural.
> I wonder what the opposite phenomenon, which is far more common in the
> industrialized world, would be called?
>
> Reuben Deumling

Alexander Eaton
Sistema Biobolsa