[Digestion] E.coli

Peter Allison pm.allison at bigpond.com
Wed Jun 8 01:24:55 CDT 2011

Hi Gasbags,
With regard to E.coli contamination of AD spent supernatant, I have found that fully bio-reacted material from plants such as the BioBowser have a zero E.coliform plate count as per laboratory analysis.
I used the Environmental Analysis Laboratory in Lismore NSW for such tests who have also provided total elemental analysis for the chemical content of previous batches of AD experiments.
I have also inadvertantly exposed broken and cut skin of my hands and fingers many times to spent materials with no infection or other adverse reaction occuring.
I don't usually submit myself to guinea-pig experiments, but in this case I came out clean.
I did of course, sometime after the exposure, wash my hands, well before going home.

Peter.