[Digestion] Small water-cooled gensets

Alan Muller amuller at dca.net
Fri Oct 19 15:37:37 CDT 2012

There are various marine units in this size range, most diesel these
days of course.  Kohler, Onan, etc.  These are usually heat-exchanger
or raw-water cooled, which might work if heat recover is the reason
for wanting water cooled.  Honda makes some radiator-cooled portable
and RV generators in this size range.  These are generally considered
of very high quality.  I'm sure there are other options--Kubota makes
some small spark-ignition engines and I'm sure some makers are
integrating these into generator sets.