[Digestion] Sulphur levels

Arturo Ávalos-Longoria afal2906 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 13:03:53 CST 2013

Hello everyone.
We are in Mexico and we install units to generate electricity with biogas.
To reduce the sulphur in the gas, we oxidyze it with good results, mainly.
But there are are 3 sites, with extremely high sulphur levels (70, 10 and 5
k ppm!) with no results. The methane levels are OK for two sites (55-60%)
and bad for one (45). If we increase the air injection, the level drops,
with a little increase of oxygen in all sites.

The digesters are lagoon type and they receive cow manure.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Regards,

--
Arturo