[Gasification] tests to design a new cheap gasifier fan

Robert Kana sinan at biomassindo.com
Sun Oct 3 08:43:47 CDT 2010

  Dear Jim,
Your gasifiers are negative pressure, when I built mine, never used the
air compressor, just add a small blower ( 2" Chinese made) to air intake
and started as pressurized until I got clean gas. I also used the bigger
suction blower (3" also Chinese made cost me $ 50.00 in Indonesia) after
my scrubber and  filter to start gasifier in suction mode. I tried using
the same type blower before right after the cyclone and already burned
one. With the big blower I achieved 4-8" water pressure. My reactor is
26 cm diam. and the blowers seem to work fine.
Even here in Indonesia it is not worth for me try to built the  blower,
but we did for the hot gas for another project. We took a regular
blower, separated the shaft and use different motor and cast ceramics
around shafts, than we wrapped with insulating glass fiber and steel
clamps. We could handle gas up to 300 degrees with that unit. For the
rural areas we are planning to use hand cracked blowers.
Regards,
Robert Kana, Director Utama
Pt. Biomass Energy Indonesia